Setts & Cobbles
Setts in Sandstone or Granite have a naturally textured top which provides for a good slip resistant surface. Ideal for both internal and external use, these setts will compliment our Sandstone and Granite Paving range and are suitable for driveways‚ paths‚ gardens‚ market places and streetscapes.
Setts can be hand cut or sawn and flamed and come in various sizes, colours and surface textures. Setts can be used for patios, paths and edgings. They can also be used in conjunction with our natural stone paving for that little bit of extra style and decoration.
Standard stock items include 100mm cubes and 200x100x100mm setts. All setts can be made to bespoke sizes to extend your design options.
Granite is extremely durable and will create an impressive finish for all projects. We only supply premium grade granite setts, tiles and kerbs and our prices are very affordable and competitive.
100mm3 and 200x100x100mm.
HC / Flamed Top
Hand Cut HC
Quartzitic Sandstone and Granites
There are two distinct methods of laying Setts and Cubes. These are Rigid and Flexible.
- Rigid uses mortar for the bedding and joints and
- Flexible uses crushed rock for bedding and joints.
Flexible System Advantages
- Will last indefinitely, certainly for centuries
- Allows limited permeation of water thus avoiding problems with water table which can cause structural problems for nearby buildings
- Will absorb the inevitable small movement of street surfaces without cracking
- Can be seamlessly repaired
- Vehicular traffic noise is reduced
- Natural colour of stone is not affected.
There are many ways to lay out your setts and here we have provided some popular and traditional patterns.